Sad news about Karl King

Jonathan Windham had kindly posted this on the RHA Facebook page for me back in January, but I thought that it would be good to share it here also.

“It is with sadness that we announce that breeder Karl King (CybeRose) has passed. Karl’s website, a vast and rich repository of information, can be accessed via the wayback machine:”

4 Likes

Will be missed by myself.

His CyberRose was a treasure trove of general and detail papers, and abstracts by/on the last century’s golden era of the hybridizing pioneers of Prairie, truly winter hardy roses - was darn hard to find info until he referred me to his Biblio - that he shared freely to all.

2 Likes

That is very sad news indeed.
He generously shared his vast knowledge, with great patience and kindness, and left many pointers to paths still unexplored. Thank you @Karl_K !

1 Like

Very sad news. He was always helpful and graciously shared his knowledge. A true gentleman.

1 Like

What sad news! I will miss his unique ability to combine science, theory and practice in a lively, clear and vivid way. In particular, I always be thankful to him for allowing me to benefit from his enormous knowledge and wealth of experience. In gratitude to Karl_ K.

2 Likes

If anyone reading this knows if this is Karl King from Topeka Kansas, I would so appreciate you letting me know. I have searched for my old dear friend Karl for a number of years, but he was estranged from family many years ago and just disappeared.