Rose Hybridizers Association Constitution
Section 1. Shall be Rose Hybridizers Association
hereinafter called R.H.A.
Section 1. RHA shall disseminate information through
a quarterly newsletter relating to all phases of the
hybridization of roses.
Section 2. RHA shall promote exchange of materials
among members including pollen, budwood, understock,
Section 3. RHA shall promote proper, unbiased
evaluation of roses at its test gardens.
Membership and Dues
Section 1. All persons who pay annual dues are
eligible for membership.
Section 2. Life membership may be given a person by
unanimous vote of Directors.
Section 3. Membership year will be the calendar year.
Section 4. Amount of annual dues will be set by
majority vote of Directors.
Directors and Appointed Officers
Section 1. Directors shall consist of General
Director and District Directors.
Section 2. General Director shall be elected by
plurality vote of members.
Section 3. District Directors shall be elected by
plurality vote of members of district in which they
Section 4. Appointed officers with assistants as
needed, shall be Treasurer, Secretary, Editor,
Librarian and Consultants. These appointments shall be
made by General Director with concurrence of a
majority of District Directors.
Section 5. Appointed officers shall not have a vote
in affairs of RHA
Section 6. General Director may be removed from
office by majority vote of Directors or by majority
vote of the members.
Section 7. District Director may be removed from
office by majority vote of members of his district.
Section 8. Vacancies occurring during term of office
shall be filled by appointment of General Director,
such appointment to end at close of scheduled term.
Section 9. Vacancy occurring in office of General
Director shall be filled by majority vote of District
Directors, such appointment to end at close of
Duties of the Officers
Section 1. Directors shall:
(1) Establish policy
(2) Set and revise boundaries of district
(3) Consider proposals initiated by members
(4) Perform all necessary functions of RHA not
delegated to others by this Constitution
Section 2. General Director shall:
(1) Execute all policies of Directors
(2) Arrange for meetings of RHA as a scheduled part of
program at American Rose Society National meetings.
(3) Act as chief liaison person with American Rose
Society in matters of mutual concern
(4) Initiate for consideration of Board policies
deemed in best interest of RHA
Section 3. District Director shall:
(1) Act as liaison person between members of his
district and RHA
(2) Promote welfare of RHA in his district
(3) Initiate consideration of policies deemed in best
interest of his district and RHA
Section 4. Treasurer shall:
(1) Accurately keep all financial records of RHA
(2) Publish in newsletter yearly record of RHA income,
disbursements and current status.
(3) Provide Directors at any time upon request current
record or official audit of finances.
(4) Disburse funds to meet expenses approved by
Section 5. Secretary shall:
(1) In cooperation with Treasurer keep up-to-date
recored of membership
(2) Provide mailing labels to Editor for each edition
(3) Do official correspondence as requested by General
Section 6. Editor shall:
(1) Solicit appropriate newsletter material from
members and other sources
(2) Send newsletter to members on a quarterly basis.
Section 7. Librarian shall:
(1) Loan books form RHA library to members for cost of
postage and insurance
(2) Provide duplication of newsletters and other
library material for cost of duplication and postage
Section 1. Election of General Director and District
Directors shall be held during 1979 and subsequently
every four years.
Section 2. Terms of Directors shall be for four years
beginning on January 1, 1980 and on January 1 every
Section 3. All members may vote for General Director
and a plurality of the votes cast shall determine the
Section 4. Only members of a particular district may
vote for District Director of that district, and a
plurality of votes cast shall determine the winner.
Section 5. General Director and District Directors
shall each appoint one member to the Nominations
Committee. The person appointed by General Director
shall serve as Chairman of Nominations Committee.
Section 6. Elections shall be conducted in the
(1) Names of persons on Nominations Committee shall be
announced in summer Newsletter of 1979 and
subsequently every four years.
(2) Any member may make nominations for District
Director of his district and/or for General Director.
All nominations will be mailed to the District
Nominations Committee representative. Consent of
person being nominated should be obtained in advance.
(3) If no nominations are received for a particular
office the Nominations Committee shall make that
(4) Nominations Committee shall send list of nominees
to Editor for publication in Fall edition of the
newsletter. Fall edition shall include ballot
containing names of all nominees.
(5) Ballots shall be mailed to Chairman of Elections
Committee. He shall then certify results of election
to General Director and to Editor.
(6) Results of elections shall be printed in Winter
edition of Newsletter.
Section 1. Normal and routine expenses of RHA such as
Directors' postage and telephone expenses and
production of mailing of Newsletter may be handled by
Treasurer. All other disbursements must have prior
approval of Directors.
Section 2. In no case may disbursements be made which
exceed current treasury balance.
Section 1. This constitution may be amended or
repealed by majority vote of Directors or membership
provided notice of proposed change has been published
in Newsletter at least six months prior to such vote.
Section 1. At no time may Directors or any group of
members vote to dissolve RHA or its assents. Neither
may they remove or alter Article IX of this Constitution.
Rose Hybridizers Association Home Page